Last updated June 12th, 2020
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to share data from a Google Sheet
If you have decided not to provide shipping labels to your vendors, one option for you is to import their tracking details and shipping costs via CSV to Jetti. This is an easy way for you to have the information link up with the items in Jetti.
You can import shipping files in one of the following three ways:
- Automatically import files via CSV
- Have your vendor import files for you via their vendor portal
- In case you already sync tracking, but need to import shipping costs, this can be done too
This article will instruct you on how to automatically set this up from Jetti.
How to Automatically Import Shipping Costs or Tracking details
- First, upload the template. To do this, click into the settings of the vendor that you want to import the file for, and click on the shipping tab.
Scroll down to the “Automatically import shipping files” section, and select how you would like to import the shipping files.
- API feed
- Google Sheet
- Don’t import
- If you choose to upload the file, just click on the “upload tracking file” button at the bottom of the settings, and select your file. If you choose to add the file via any of the other options, you will need to enter the Shipping endpoint. This is where the file should be imported from - e.g. the Google sheet URL or the FTP URL.
- Last, setup the shipping endpoint mapping. This can be done at the “What column headers are used in the imported file” section. You have two options here. The first is to use Jetti’s default mapping template.
However, if the default template doesn’t cover all the required fields, you can build a custom shipping mapping. Just select “Use a custom format” and click on “Mapping shipping fields” underneath. Here you can setup the required mappings. To do this, you need to enter the name of the header of one of the fields, and select the purpose. That way Jetti will be able to map the data under that header to the purpose you set. You can map as many fields as needed. Don’t forget to save when you are done.
Back to Shipping